QSS Studios & Gallery seek to recruit an experienced ‘Digital Media Officer’ (Freelance)
As one of the largest studio providers and gallery spaces in Belfast, QSS is seeking an enthusiastic, organised and committed individual to work with us as a Digital Media Officer in a freelance capacity.
You will work closely with the Membership & Development Officer, Board members and studio artists to support our work by (i) helping us communicate what we do more effectively (i.e., QSS Studios & Gallery and individual QSS members), (ii) consolidate and streamline our communications across digital platforms, and (iii) boost audience participation and engagement.
We are looking for someone with a minimum of one year’s experience managing online platforms (website and social media accounts) for an arts related organisation. You must have a demonstrable knowledge of the Northern Ireland arts sector (and beyond) and a high level of proficiency in managing WordPress websites. Experience selling products online as well as writing about art is also desirable.
As an independent freelance contractor, you will be responsible for your own taxes, pension and National Insurance contributions.
Fee: £637 per month (FTE: £26,754 per annum)
Working hours: Freelance – 10hrs per week.
Location of work: Split between remote and onsite at QSS Studios & Gallery, The Arches Centre, 11-13 Bloomfield Ave, Belfast BT5 5AA
Duration of contract: Up to six months subject to funding and may be extended if additional funding can be secured
Closing date: 24th January 2024
Interview date: 2nd February 2024
About the Work
The following gives an indication of the work we would like you to do:
- Manage our social media and website accounts, actively promoting all in-house activity whilst using our platforms to promote the work and achievements of our individual members.
- Identify and proactively pursue new opportunities to publicise and promote the work that QSS does.
- Assemble documentation and testimony as evidence to support our evaluation process.
- Create links to other organisations, via social media and in person contact, building awareness of QSS.
- Help build new audiences for our work online and through other marketing channels.
- Advocate for QSS as a core service provider for the arts sector in Northern Ireland (i.e., affordable studio provision and collaborative space).
- Maintain positive working relationships with QSS partner organisations and artists.
Please send us a current C.V (maximum two A4 pages) and a statement (no more than 800 words) outlining what skills and experience you can bring to the role. Save your document as a single PDF and email directly to [email protected]
Deadline for submission: 24th January 2024.
Interviews are scheduled to take place on 2nd February 2024.
Please note that QSS can only receive online expressions of interest for this position. Late submissions cannot be acknowledged or accepted.